Yes, that’s right, as good ol’ Rachel Ray would say, “EVOO”. You’re probably thinking what the heck could EVOO have to do with beauty? Well, I’m here to tell you two things I use it for daily! Here’s a video I made explaining what I do:
The video might make it faster and easier for you, but I will still quickly outline what I use it for:
1) Makeup remover – As you may have seen in the video, EVOO works as an excellent makeup remover. It doesn’t burn or irritate, it makes your skin smooth, and it’s cost effective. I use it everyday to remove my makeup and, surprisingly, it does not leave your skin greasy. It absorbs relatively quickly and leaves your skin oh-so soft.
2) Acne/Skin Clearer – I have been using EVOO recently, at the suggestion of a friend, to help clear up a breakout. I have been using it for the past 4 days and my skin is smoother and softer (it’s usually very dry). Some of the acne is less noticeable and the redness is gone! I’m still in shock, really, that my skin is not super dry, but nice and even.
Here is an outline of what I do:
What You Need:
EVOO – Preferably from Spain (at least that’s what I saw when I researched). Nothing blended, you want pure EVOO. I picked up Napoleon brand from Safeway for $6.
Soft dry towel
Gentle cleanser/face wash
Soft clean paper towel/bathroom tissue
What To Do:
1) Wash your face with a gentle cleanser. I have been using a face gel from Simple (which I really like, but that’s a separate post lol). Then use something soft to dry it.
2) Put some EVOO on your fingers and massage it onto your face. I put extra where my breakouts and dry skin are.
3) Get a wash cloth or something absorbent, clean, and soft, and get it wet in hot water. Wring it out and place it over your face. This creates a nice steam to open up your pore.
4) Remove the washcloth and put a second layer of EVOO on, just like the first time.
5) Grab a clean paper towel or some bathroom tissue and pat your face to remove any excess.
The EVOO should absorb after about 15-20 minutes.
To use it as a makeup remover, just grab a soft paper towel and put a few drops on it and gently wipe off your makeup. Easy as pie!
That’s what I do and it’s been working great for me! I love not having red, dry, flakey skin! Try it, and let me know what you think and if it worked for you! Ciao~